Taxis -- Airport and Raleigh
With many of you flying in and/or wanting to get about town -- a taxi may be needed while you are attending the conference.
1. Remember that Elite Coach (responsible for transportation for the various pre-conference tours) is offering a special on its services
2. Transportation from RDU Airport to the Sheridan, Marriott Hotels and the Raleigh Convention Center can be pre-booked online with several providers. The Marriott Hotel staff recommended Blue Van Super Shuttle, and the Sheridan staff suggested both Blue Van Super Shuttle and the White Horse Transportation, Inc.
- The Blue Van Super Shuttle company quoted a price of $16 per person, one way, to the Convention Center and those two hotels. 1-800-258-3826 (1-800-Blue Van). Note: This company is not RideFly. The folks at Blue Van Supershuttle strongly suggest calling them instead of online booking to avoid confusion in website information.
- White Horse Transportation quoted $35 for one person and $5 per additional person. 919-782-5893.
- Ride Fly is another provider. Their prices are $29 per person, one way or they have group rates. Example: a party of four would be transported for $59.
- Other taxi companies that were called quoted prices in the $30-$40 range or declined to provide a specific amount. RDU suggests "typical" one-way fares to assist you.
- Visit Raleigh also provides some information on local taxi services -- note that this list is incomplete though will be helpful if you use taxis once in Raleigh.
Depending on your group size you might find White Horse Transportation less expensive. There may also be a difference in the vehicles they use. Take a look online and judge for yourself.
(by: Maryann Tuck & Diane Richard)