The table of contents for the May 2009 edition of the North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal is as follows:
- "Marriages and Deaths from The Semi-Weekly Raleigh Register, July through December 1852" by Victor T. Jones, Jr.
- "A Bill to Alter Names from 1813" by Craig Roberts Scott, CG
- "1777 Petition of John Smith of Anson County" by Ann Christnacht Hilke, CG, Linda K. Reid, and Terry Moore, CG
- "North Carolina Supreme Court Case: Moore v. Bradley, 1801" by Grace W. Turner and Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
- "North Carolina Supreme Court Case: Hardin v. Barrett, 1858" by Grace W. Turner and Maryann Tuck
- "St. Gabriel's Parish, Duplin County, Wardens' Records, 1799-1817" by Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
- "Petition to Pardon Willie Jones of Greene County, 1842" by Grace W. Turner and Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
The current issues of the NCGS Journal are only available to NCGS members. Consider joining the NCGS today.
The following article provides some information on accounts and logging in on the new NCGS website.
New Address: The North Carolina Genealogical Society has a new address:
The North Carolina Genealogical Society, Inc.
PO Box 30815
Raleigh, NC 27622-0815
Please use this for all written correspondence.
The North Carolina Genealogical Society is proud to announce its new website. The new site provides many features for society members and website guests.
The North Carolina Genealogical Society is a membership organization dedicated to preserving and promoting genealogical studies in North Carolina. Founded in 1974, the NCGS provides members and interested researchers with a variety of genealogical resources. Please read our Code of Ethics. As a non-profit organization, we appreciate all gifts and contributions.