The North Carolina Genealogical Society is proud to announce its new website. The new site provides many features for society members and website guests.
- Consistent look-and-feel.
- RSS feeds allow users to track changes and updates to the site using their favorite feed reader.
- Integration with Google tools, including Google Maps, Google Calendar, Blogger, and Google Groups (for NCGS Board Member discussions).
- A page gathering news feeds (blogs) of interest to genealogists, with a focus on North Carolina genealogy.
- A comprehensive listing of local societies, historical societies, libraries, and archives of interest to North Carolina researchers.
- Improved contact methods. Select Contact Us to get to a complete listing of NCGS Board Members and Committee Chairs, and send e-mail to them using a web form.
- New tools for members, including:
- Link submission
- Article submission
- Publication submission
- Local society, historical society, library, and archive listing submission
Forthcoming additions to the site include:
- A store to purchase books, tapes, and CDs, and to join the Society and register for workshops
- A forum, for threaded discussions, including genealogical queries
Over the next few days, all individual, family, and life members of the NCGS — if they provided an e-mail address when they joined the Society — will receive information on how to obtain their login credentials to access the members-only area of the new site.
Contact us with your comments.