The NCGS Website allows members of the North Carolina Genealogical Society to submit links. (This does not apply to library, society, and other institutional memberships.)
These links can be published immediately, but are reviewed on a periodic basis by the technology committee. Links should be of general interest for genealogical researchers in North Carolina. Links can be resources, including websites containing personal research.
To submit a link:
- Go to the website.
- Log in.
- Click "Submit a Link."
- Add a name for the link. This will be the "clickable" text in the link.
- Select a category in the pull-down list of categories.
- Type or paste in the URL.
- We request that you leave the Published option set to "No."
- (Optional): Add a short description of the link.
- Scroll back to the top and click "Save."
Once you have done this, your link has been submitted. On a periodic basis, members of the technology committee go through the submitted links and decide which links should be posted, and edit the text of the link names and descriptions for consistency and clarity.