NCGS Website and Web Store
Update: 29 July 2009: The maintenance on the NGCS website has been completed. The issues with accounts and the web store have been resolved. The site is up and running, and the web store is open again. Over the next couple of days, we will be recreating accounts for members. We appreciate your patience.
May 2009 NCGS Journal Table of Contents
The table of contents for the May 2009 edition of the North Carolina Genealogical Society Journal is as follows:
- "Marriages and Deaths from The Semi-Weekly Raleigh Register, July through December 1852" by Victor T. Jones, Jr.
- "A Bill to Alter Names from 1813" by Craig Roberts Scott, CG
- "1777 Petition of John Smith of Anson County" by Ann Christnacht Hilke, CG, Linda K. Reid, and Terry Moore, CG
- "North Carolina Supreme Court Case: Moore v. Bradley, 1801" by Grace W. Turner and Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
- "North Carolina Supreme Court Case: Hardin v. Barrett, 1858" by Grace W. Turner and Maryann Tuck
- "St. Gabriel's Parish, Duplin County, Wardens' Records, 1799-1817" by Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
- "Petition to Pardon Willie Jones of Greene County, 1842" by Grace W. Turner and Jeffrey L. Haines, CG
The current issues of the NCGS Journal are only available to NCGS members. Consider joining the NCGS today.
A Writing Award for Our Newsletter Editor
Phyllis Matthews Ziller, the Editor of the NCGS News, received first place in "Category 3, Original Research Story" in the 2009 International Society of Family History Writers and Editors Excellence-In-Writing Competition with her story: "Finding Facts to Support a Family Tradition." The award was announced at last week's NGS Family History Conference in Raleigh.
The article is not currently in print anywhere, but we will provide a link to it when it is.
Understanding Accounts in the New Website
The following article provides some information on accounts and logging in on the new NCGS website.