NCGS Awards, 2002
On Saturday, November 9, 2002, during the NCGS Annual Meeting in Raleigh, The North Carolina Genealogical Society announced its awards for the year. Terri R. Hopkins, 1st. Vice President of the Society and NCGS Awards Committee Chairman, announced the awards while Beverly Tetterton, Past-President, made the presentations.
- THE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PERIODICAL PUBLISHING for a periodical published by a local North Carolina genealogical society.
Edgecombe County Genealogical Society's monthly newsletter Lines and Pathways of Edgecombe County
- THE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PUBLISHING for a book, or a set of books, of abstracts or transcriptions of original North Carolina primary source material.
Kathleen Summers of Hendersonville, NC for her book, Abstract: Henderson County, NC Estate Records 1838-1900.
- THE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN PUBLISHING for a book of secondary source material, or family history relevant to North Carolina, and published within eighteen months preceding the award.
Dorothy N. Perkins of Rancho Santa Fe, California for Thomas Norfleet of 1666 Vols I & II.
- THE AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO NCGS BY A MEMBER for an individual whose work within the Society has been outstanding.
Frances Holloway Wynne of Wendell, NC.
- THE AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO NORTH CAROLINA GENEALOGY for an individual whose outstanding genealogical contributions have greatly enhanced the family history of North Carolina. The genealogical contributions may be regional.
Dr. Barnetta McGhee White of Durham, NC.