The North Carolina Genealogical Society invites speakers to submit lecture proposals for the 2018 Speakers Forum to be held 23 June 2018 at the State Archives of North Carolina in Raleigh.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Records, history, how-to methods specific to North Carolina
- Topics relating to states surrounding North Carolina, such as migration
- General methodology topics
Each session will be limited to one hour, including time for questions.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Speaker’s name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Lecture title, topic, and short summary (not to exceed 50 words)
- Outline or abstract of lecture
- Brief speaker biography (not to exceed 50 words)
- List of recent lecture experience, if any
Speakers should submit one PDF file per proposal. The name of the file should be your name followed by the title of the presentation. Each speaker may submit up to three proposals. Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject line “Call for Papers.” The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2018.
Speakers should plan to submit a handout of no more than four pages by 23 May 2018. This handout and the speaker biography will be included in the conference syllabus, which will be distributed to the Speakers Forum attendees.
Please note that the handout materials should not contain advertisements of other individuals or firms other than NCGS without speaker and NCGS joint approval. Also, the speaker should not sell or promote any particular product or service during the presentation without prior approval from NCGS.
Submitters whose proposals are selected will receive the following:
- Complementary Speakers Forum registration and syllabus
- A box lunch the day of the Speakers Forum
- A travel allowance based on the distance of the speaker’s home from the lecture site. Lecturers traveling 50 to 100 miles one-way will receive $20; 101 to 150 miles will receive $30; over 150 miles will receive $50.
- If desired, you may choose to receive an evaluation of your presentation.
For your convenience in sharing, please see our printable pdf flyer.